Based on feed back from the project Discussion Board http://simplemvvmtoolkit.codeplex.com/discussions
I've added some requested features and made various improvements to the Simple MVVM Toolkit. Here is a summary of what has been added or improved:
1. The toolkit has been marked as CSL-compliant
so that it is compatible with VB.NET.
2. The MessageBus
class has been made public for direct use by non-ViewModel classes.
3. Added a NotifyPropertyChanged extension method that can be called by ViewModel sub-classes
4. Added null handling to the generic DelegateCommand
5. Added validation support with INotifyDataErrorInfo
- Can call ValidateProperty method from model property setters.
- Added IsValid property to ViewModelBase.
- There is a sample included of using validation with RIA Services.
6. Added IsDirty
property to ViewModelBase to support dirty-checking.
7. Added navigation
support for Windows Phones
8. Resolved discrepencies between WPF and Silverlight on UI-thread dispatching
To apply this update simply download and run the installer, which performs an in-place upgrade
- no need to uninstall and reinstall.NOTE: Re-released after a small bug fix with source code change-set 12369.