Need help to use Simple MVVM Toolkit together with Trackable Entities

May 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM
would you please write some tutorial about how to use both Simple MVVM and Trackable Entities together with Web API,thank you very much!
Coordinator
May 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Yes, I'd be happy to put a sample together. Check back with me by week's end, and I'll let you know if I've been able to do that.

Cheers,
Tony
May 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Hi Tony,

While you're busy with the demo, would you be able to demonstrate the usage with a nosql database like mongoDB?
Referring to my project and discussion here.

I've been managing but learning off your samples make it easier and confirm if I'm on the right track.

Thank you very much.
Coordinator
May 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Alright, I put together a wiz-bang sample of a WPF app that uses Simple MVVM Toolkit together Trackable Entities with VS 2013 and ASP.NET Web API. To get it, visit the release page for Simple MVVM, then download SimpleMvvmToolkit.TrackableEntities.VS2013.Samples.

I also included it with TrackableEntities_Samples_VS2013_2.0.1.zip on the release page for TrackableEntities_VS2013_2.0.1.

There are detailed steps in the solution ReadMe file stating how the sample is put together, so that you can replicate these same steps for your own solutions.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Tony
Coordinator
May 26, 2014 at 5:55 PM
@charlie_138, I would like to do a nosql sample sometime, but there is a learning curve to climb for that, and I've got quite a few commitments taking up my time these days. Perhaps you could take a look at the Entity Framework sample I posted and see if you can come up with the nosql code?

This is probably not as hard as you imagine. The client is completely ignorant of how entities are persisted in the web api service. So you'd just have to modify code in the controller actions in the Web API project to use nosql. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Tony