Class Library project

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Hi,
How do I use the Simple MVVM Toolkit to create a class library project?
Jan 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Hi there!

It's not hard. Just create a regular .NET class library on whatever platform you're targeting. Then add the Simple MVVM Toolkit NuGet package. After that, right-click the project, select Add New Item, and then select one of the item templates for Simple Mvvm, such as ViewModel. You can also add a model class for an entity, for example, Customer, and derive it from ModelBase.

FYI, in v 5.5 of the toolkit, which I'm now working on, I will provide a Portable Class Library project template, so you can create a PCL project to contain models and view models that can be used across a variety of platforms, including both Win Store, Win Phone 8, as well as iOS and Android (via Xamarin).

Cheers,
Tony
Jan 31, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Thanks Tony. I'll try this.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I've now released v5.5 of the toolkit, with support for creating a Simple Mvvm Portable Class Library. There is also a Multiplatform project template that generates a PCL with models and view models that are used by several different platforms (WPF, Silverlight, Windows Store, Windows Phone, iOS and Android). Enjoy!