VS 2013 support?

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Will there be a new version of the framework for VS 2013? Or, can we use the version 4.0 in VS 2013? (If so, what do we do?)

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I will definitely release a VS 2013 compatible version of the toolkit in the next two weeks. In the meantime, you can use the NuGet package to include a reference to the binaries in a VS 2013 project. The project templates can then be copied over to the
target directory for VS 2013 (under Documents). I haven't tried seeing if they are compatible, but I don't know of a reason they would not be. My sincere apologies to all for my lack of attention and promised updates that have not been released in the last
few months. I had to relocate with my family to Europe over the summer and have been preoccupied with the move. But we are now settled in Slovakia and I've blocked out the next two weeks to work on updating the toolkit. :) Cheers, Tony
Oct 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I got it working, and see no issues yet. Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Stay tuned. This week I've implemented support for both Windows Store 8.1 and Windows Phone 8 with VS 2013. I will publish this in a new version of Simple Mvvm Toolkit next week. For the installer I will use VSIX with NuGet.
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I am using WPF.
I copied over the templates from the earlier version and got that working. Today I downloaded the new version of the toolkit using VSIX, but I can't tell if anything changed! Is it the same? Or should I delete the old version form the VS2013 directory and try again? (BTW, I downloaded Trackable Entities and can see the template is installed for that.)
Thanks
Hope you are enjoying life in Slovakia
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I suggest deleting the old version, so there's no conflict. You can check to see if the new version in installed by going to Tools, Extensions and Updates, clicking on the Installed table and looking under Templates. - tony
Nov 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Got it! Thanks!