How can I browse the SimpleMvvmToolkit-WPF source code from a sample WPF project?

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I just installed "Simple MVVM Toolkit v4.0.0.0" and using Visual Studio 2012 I created a SimpleMvvmWpf project. In order to learn how the toolkit works (after reading all the docs except admittedly only quickly skimming the "Programming Reference"), I started exploring. But say I'm in CustomerViewModel.cs:
  public class CustomerViewModel : ViewModelDetailBase<CustomerViewModel, Customer>
I want to be able to highlight ViewModelDetailBase and hit F12 to view its source code. But then I only see metadata not the actual source code.

The documentation Introduction says:
The helper classes are located in the SimpleMvvmToolkit assembly, which you can reference from your project, or you can if you wish include the SimpleMvvmToolkit project in your Visual Studio solution, which is probably a good idea when you are getting to know the framework.
I extracted C:\Program Files (x86)\SimpleMvvmToolkit_2012\Source\SimpleMvvm-Source.zip to my separate VS2012 projects folder. Using Solution Explorer, I then added via the "Add > Existing Project" command:

SimpleMvvm\WPF\SimpleMvvmToolkit-WPF\SimpleMvvmToolkit-WPF.csproj
SimpleMvvm\Common\SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common\SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common.csproj

But that didn't seem to help? I tried building the solution but then get the following error:
Error 1 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'SimpleMvvm\Common\SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common\obj\Debug\SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common.dll' -- 'Error reading key file 'SimpleMvvm\Common\SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common\SimpleMvvm.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. 'SimpleMvvm\Common\SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common\CSC SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common
So my question is, how can I browse (and eventually even step into while debugging) the SimpleMvvmToolkit source code from within a SimpleMvvm WPF project?
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:50 AM
To answer my own question:

I needed to change the Project properties of SimpleMvvmToolkit-Common & SimpleMvvmToolkit-WPF by turning off the "Signing > Sign the assembly" option. I then removed their "assembly" references from my SimpleMvvmToolkit-Wpf Project and instead added References to their entries within the Solution > Projects section.

Rebuilding the solution solved my problem and I am now able to see the source code to the SimpleMvvmWpf toolkit from within my SimpleMvvmToolkit-Wpf project.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Enjoy. Please let me know if you have any questions on the toolkit. Cheers, Tony