WinRT/Phone 8 Support or ETA?

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Forgive me if I missed some recent post but I've only seen posts a few months old about this topic.  Has Simple received WinRT and Phone 8 compatibility?  If not, is there an estimation of time for completion as we are looking to implement MVVM (and toolkit) but require this compatibility.

Thanks for any info.

Eric

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Don't expect too much. This project looks more or less dead.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Sorry guys, I've been too busy to put a lot of time into the toolkit or add support for new platforms. It also needs a new installer, using WIX instead of InstallShield.

If there is anyone out there who could assist with these, it would be greatly appreciated! Overall the toolkit has a nice design and offers improved productivity for applying the MVVM pattern with a short learning curve. If anyone who is using the toolkit would be able to help out, we could possibly keep it alive and well. :-)

Cheers,
Tony
Feb 10, 2013 at 3:53 AM
tonysneed wrote:
Sorry guys, I've been too busy to put a lot of time into the toolkit or add support for new platforms. It also needs a new installer, using WIX instead of InstallShield. If there is anyone out there who could assist with these, it would be greatly appreciated! Overall the toolkit has a nice design and offers improved productivity for applying the MVVM pattern with a short learning curve. If anyone who is using the toolkit would be able to help out, we could possibly keep it alive and well. :-) Cheers, Tony
So is this project dead then? Seems like no one has really stepped up. I am looking to use it for wp7 project but if I know there is no future in this project then I might as well learn one that might be still around when I move to wp8.
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM
We've got two volunteers so far and plan to add support for Win8/RT and wp8. We're also working on replacing the installer. The project is still alive and kicking, so stay tuned. We'll post updates here every week or two to let you know how it's progressing and when a new release will take place.

Cheers,
Tony
Feb 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
tonysneed wrote:
We've got two volunteers so far and plan to add support for Win8/RT and wp8. We're also working on replacing the installer. The project is still alive and kicking, so stay tuned. We'll post updates here every week or two to let you know how it's progressing and when a new release will take place.

Cheers,
Tony
That's great news. I do have some questions about SimpleMVVM but I will post a new thread about them.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM
We are working on adding support for the newest UI platforms and will let everyone know as soon as we have updates for those.

Cheers,
Tony