VS2012 Support

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I am interested in looking at this project but after download it tells me that VS2010 SP1 is required. Is there a manual install procedure I can follow to install this for VS2012? --thank you

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM
The installer needs to be updated for VS 2012, but I think you can run it and manually copy over the VS templates and code snippets.

Cheers,
Tony
Sep 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I went ahead and ran the installer and then unzipped the samples and opened various projects. It complained about some missing schemas so I installed Expression Studio and changed the references to point to the missing dlls in the epression sdk directory. Now I have some of the examples running so I think it is working. If you do work on installers for 2012, and have time, a nuget installer might be nice.

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Excellent work!

In terms of NuGet, it's not used for installers per se. For example, it doesn't support code snippets and Visual Studio templates. However, if all you want is a reference to the SimpleMvvmToolkit assemblies, then there is a NuGet package that does that. Check it out. :-)

Tony
Oct 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Hello there,

I would also like to have an installer for Visual Studio 2012, and I would like to know if you are working on this solution.

Thank you very much and congrats for the project.

Robson.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
VS 2012 support coming soon. Stay tuned.
Oct 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Great to know you are continuing support for SL and WPF and all things XAML!  I won't crank up my VS 2012 until SimpleMVVM support for it is ready.

Burton Roberts

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM

It seems to be ready now if you are willing to manually copy the templates and set a few references for the interactions and interactivity package. There was only one minor problem that showed up in a couple of the examples -- I think it was a refresh indicator that I just commented out.  For me the time it took to manually configure was paid off quickly by the ability to use some of the new features in VS2012.

I am learning lots of ways to do things in WPF with Simple MVVM toolkit so now my biggest issue is understanding the tradeoffs between the many options. I am really happy with the way it works with an Entity Framework data model and an nHibernate example Tony posted a while back was very helpful.

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I plan to work on the new installer this week.  Thanks for your patience!

Tony