Legacy webservice data model

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM

In MVVM application's data model do I need two places to implement data classes (model)? When I make webservice proxy  "StudentService.svc.cs" file (svcutil generated proxy file) that contain system generated data classes. Second, Simple MVVM model's file, that contain same data classes too, but these inherited from "ModelBase<T>".

What is the best parctice make data model in Simple MVVV Toolkit for legacy webservices? (And how to implement to ViewModel, eventually webservices get records, and update records)

thanks,

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM
The Main sample app (Parts 1 & 2) show how to use the toolkit with web services. The model classes are generated by the service reference, so there is no need for ModelBase. That class is only needed if you do not have a service reference.

Cheers,

Tony
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 29, 2011, at 8:28 AM, "BencUr"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

In MVVM application's data model do I need two places to implement data classes (model)? When I make webservice proxy "StudentService.svc.cs" file (svcutil generated proxy file) that contain system generated data classes. Second, Simple MVVM model's file, that contain same data classes too, but these inherited from "ModelBase<T>".

What is the best parctice make data model in Simple MVVV Toolkit for legacy webservices? (And how to implement to ViewModel, eventually webservices get records, and update records)

thanks,