could not find templates for visual studio ultimate on windows 7 32 bit

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Could not find templates for visual studio ultimate on windows 7 32 bit, any clue. Can't find mvm templates under silverlight while creating new project. Any clue please?

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Try uninstalling Simple MVVM Toolkit from the Control Panel - Programs and Features. Make sure to install the prerequisites from here:
 http://simplemvvmtoolkit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Prerequisites

Then install the latest version of the toolkit from here:
http://simplemvvmtoolkit.codeplex.com/releases/view/69754

To find the templates, just open Visual Studio, then create a new project. On the left side under categories for Windows, Silverlight and Silverlight for Windows Phone, look for the Mvvm sub-category. When you click on it, you will see the project template(s) on the right. For a screenshot, see the Getting Started section of the online documentation:
Cheers,
Tony
Jul 24, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your immediate reply. I just copied project template files into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\ide\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Silverlight\1033 and visual studio mmvm project types showed up under silverlight and I was able to create projects without any problem (compiled and worked).

What puzzled me is vs still did not showed project templates while clicking on mvvm folder under silverlight.  But I don't have this issue on wndows xp on other system. 

Anyway thank you for great tutorial and video for jump starting mvvm. Looking forward for many more good things to see going . I am really exited to learn simple MVVM. This is by far the best tutorial I have seen so far and very easy to follow compare to others.

Thank you again,

With cheers,

Annadatha.

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Hello Annadatha,

The installer should place the project templates in this location:

Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Silverlight\Mvvm
Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Silverlight for Windows Phone\Mvvm
Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Windows\Mvvm 

The item templates should be placed here:

Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ItemTemplates\Silverlight\Mvvm
Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Silverlight for Windows Phone\Mvvm

Lastly, the code snippets should be placed here:

Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Code Snippets\Visual C#\My Code Snippets\SimpleMvvm
Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Code Snippets\XML\My Xml Snippets\SimpleMvvm

It could be that the installer cannot locate your Documents folder.  Where is that located on your Win7 machine?

Cheers,
Tony 

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Hi Tony,

You are right ,

Templates located under Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Silverlight\Mvvm on windos 7- 32 bit pc. Due to some reason vs 2010 ultimate does't show up while creating new mvvm project. I was able to see templates after I have copied templates to 1033 folder as I mentioned in previous mail, but just worked fine. Any way not a big problem.

How ever adding new item (class file) to silverlight project shows up item templates properly.

Thank you,

With cheers,

Annadatha.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 7:31 PM, tonysneed <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello Annadatha,

The installer should place the project templates in this location:

Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Silverlight\Mvvm

The item templates should be placed here:

Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ItemTemplates\Silverlight\Mvvm

Lastly, the code snippets should be placed here:

Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Code Snippets\Visual C#\My Code Snippets\SimpleMvvm
Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Code Snippets\XML\My Xml Snippets\SimpleMvvm

It could be that the installer cannot locate your Documents folder. Where is that located on your Win7 machine?

Cheers,
Tony

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (simplemvvmtoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email simplemvvmtoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Similar issue happened to me.

If you moved your documents directory after installing Visual Studio you need to update it in VS under Tools -> Options -> Project and Solutions