Simple MVVM Toolkit 2.1 Released!

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I released version 2.1 of the Simple MVVM Toolkit, which includes support for most of the features requested in this forum, as well as some bug fixes and other improvements. Check it out:

http://simplemvvmtoolkit.codeplex.com/releases/view/69754

It is now compatible with VB.NET and supports validation with INotifyDataErrorInfo.  There is a sample included that demonstrates validation with RIA Services and a new IsValid property on ViewModelDetailBase.  There is also an IsDirty property on ViewModelDetailBase to support dirty-checking on model entities.  I added support for navigation in Windows Phone apps and included a sample app to show you how to do this. I also made the MessageBus class public for use with non-ViewModel classes. Lastly, I improved the UIDispatcher class and made improvements to the BindingHelper and ViewModelBase classes so that UI thread dispatching behaves the same for Silverlight and WPF apps.

I uploaded the installer both to the Visual Studio Extensions Gallery and the NuGet Gallery.

Enjoy!

Tony

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Simple MVVM Light is one of the best toolkit i have come across,

I am using this in my projects and recommended it through out our company. I appreciate your work (Tony).

Surya

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Comments like this make my day.  It's nice to know I can do something to make developers lives just a little bit easier :-)

Tony