Windows Phone / Windows 8 Cross Platform App using SimpleMVVToolkit

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Hey guys!

I've built a Windows Phone App using SimpleMVVMToolkit.
Now I would like to create a Windows 8 app too, using a single solution for both. I would like to use PCL (Portable Class Library) for shared libraries.

My Problem:
Since ModelBase and ViewModelBase classes from the toolkit are different for Windows 8 and Windows Phone, it's currently really hard to move any Models / ViewModels to the portable class library.

At the moment I'm completly clueless how to proceed. There would be really much reusable code, especially my Models and Services.

Has anybody already built a cross platform project with this toolkit?
I would be really thankful for any advice, resource, link or help!

Regards
Stefan S.
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Let me take a look at this. The portable parts of the toolkit are in a PCL that ends in Common. You should be able to use that, but I'll need to take a look to be sure.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Alright, I've had a look-see at the toolkit, and there are some changes I'll need to make in order to support portable view models using the toolkit. Basically, it comes down to the MessageBusCore class - I'll need to create a parameterless ctor for that. Then I'll re-do the NuGet package to support a PCL usage of it, and I'll put together a VS project template.

While I'm at it, I'm looking into support for iOS and Android via Xamarin. I plan to do all of this in v 5.5 -- so stay tuned for a release in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!
Tony
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I've uploaded the v5.5 release which supports portability out of the box. Select the Multiplatform project template and you'll get a PCL with models and view models, as well as several platform-specific projects which reference the PCL project. They all use a new Portable Simple Mvvm NuGet package. Enjoy!

Tony