MessageBus - Send message with a callback mechanism

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I was triggered by the following phrase in the documentation on the Message Bus:
...you can even have the message recipient call back the sender by passing in a callback method with a TIncoming argument...
I'm not really sure how to accomplish this. I want a viewmodel to send a message in order to receive some information from another viewmodel. I was thinking of doing this in 2 steps: First send the request message to the other view model, and then have that viewmodel send a response message back to me. It seemed a little like spaghetti to me so I was really happy to read about this callback mechanism. But I have no clue how to code for this.

Can you give me any pointers? Any help is gladly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
~Rob
Nov 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM
There is a message bus sample, and take a look at the docs on CodePlex: NotificationEventArgs topic in Programming Reference.
Nov 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Here are a couple things to point you in the right direction:

First, check out the docs: http://simplemvvmtoolkit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Programming%20Reference. Read for the topic on NotificationEventArgs.

Second, the samples included with the toolkit include a SimpleMvvm-Messaging project which should have an example.

Cheers,
Tony
Dec 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Thanks Tony, that example was precisely what I needed.

Best regards,
~Rob