INotifyDataErrorInfo for WPF 4.5

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Hi Tony!

Have you thought about the implementation of INotifyDataErrorInfo for WPF 4.5 like this (http://anthymecaillard.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/wpf-4-5-validation-asynchrone/)?
Thanks
Jun 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I forgot about this one. Yes, I can add support for INotifyDataErrorInfo for WPF 4.5. I'll put it on my list, but it would be great if you could add an issue for it in CodePlex. Thanks! Tony
Jul 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Hi Tony!

I look at the commit history and see that You stopped working on the project.
Is there any sense to wait for the changes?
Jul 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Good news! I'm going to resume work on the toolkit in just one week. There are also other devs on the team working on it - one has completed a new installer base on WIX, the other has ported the toolkit to support Windows Phone 8. In about two weeks we should have the whole upgrade done and include support for Win Store apps, as we'll as address the issue of including better validation support for WPF.

Cheers,
Tony
Jul 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Thank you!
Jul 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Hi Tony,
This is great news. All the best.
Regards,
Deepak.

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Already been a month! :(
Aug 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Appreciate the nudge. ;) I'll be sure to have a look this week and post an update.
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Hm!
Oct 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM
OK, I've taken a closer look at the source code, and it appears INotifyDataErrorInfo is implemented in the current version of the Simple Mvvm Toolkit! :-)))

I don't know why I didn't see this at first, but if you open up the source code for SimpleMvvmToolkit-WPF, you'll see INotifyDataErrorInfo implemented on both ModelBase and ViewModelBase classes. In addition, ViewModelDetailBase has an IsValid property which checks returns false if there are any validation errors, provided TModel implements INotifyDataErrorInfo (which ModelBase does). Thus, asynchronous data validation is supported out of the box.

Cheers,
Tony