Design View?

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Hi

When I was looking at MVVM toolkits I found this toolkit and Light MVVM toolkit. One feature I liked about Light was the feature of "blendablility" where you can have a design mode and a live mode.

This allows you to load up blend and style up your data using this design mode data. I see that MVVM uses mocks what I thought would be the same thing but after watching the video I did not see any indication that the mocked data would be displayed in design view.

Did I just miss it or something?
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM
<div><font face="Verdana"><span style="font-size:15px">As far as I can tell, Simple MVVM Toolkit supports blendability in much the same way as MVVM Light, which is via a IsInDesignMode property on the base ViewModel class. To show design-time data, just check the property and return mock data if it is true.</span></font></div> <blockquote type="cite"> <div></div> </blockquote>
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM
tonysneed wrote:
<div><font face="Verdana"><span style="font-size:15px">As far as I can tell, Simple MVVM Toolkit supports blendability in much the same way as MVVM Light, which is via a IsInDesignMode property on the base ViewModel class. To show design-time data, just check the property and return mock data if it is true.</span></font></div> <blockquote type="cite"> <div></div> </blockquote>
Where would I do this check. From the video I seen you only hook up a mock object but now switching between mock and real.

Would you put it in here?

// STEP 2a: Add CustomerViewModel using mvvmlocator code snippet
    public CustomerViewModel CustomerViewModel
    {
        get
        {
           //check here?
            ICustomerServiceAgent serviceAgent = new MockCustomerServiceAgent();
            return new CustomerViewModel(serviceAgent);
        }
    }
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Yes, perform the check in the property getter.