SimpleMvvmTookit Reference does not contain Extensions?

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Hello

In the RIA Services Tutorial the namespace SimpleMvvmToolkit.TestExtensions is referenced

However, this does not appear to be in the DLL which causes problems because that is where EnqueueConditional is stated to be defined

Can this be fixed please?

In the time being I have found an implementation of this on Stack Overflow which I am hoping will work!

public void EnqueueConditional(Func<bool> conditionalDelegate, int timeoutSeconds)
        {
            DispatcherTimer timer = new DispatcherTimer();
            timer.Interval = new TimeSpan(0, 0, timeoutSeconds);
            timer.Tick += delegate
            {
                // remember to stop timer or it'll tick again
                timer.Stop();
                throw new TimeoutException();
            };
            EnqueueCallback(delegate
            {
                timer.Start();
            });
            base.EnqueueConditional(conditionalDelegate);
            EnqueueCallback(delegate
            {
                timer.Stop();
            });
        }

The number of seconds was hard coded, I have just changed it so that the number of seconds is passed in which also makes it compatible with the tests

I have created the test project and added the references manually following my previous post where I mentioned that the Silverlight 5 version does not add a test project.  Tony responded saying he had found the cause of the problem and that an updated would be posted this weekend.  I have had to carry on instead of waiting for this update.  There is a slight chance I made a mistake with the toolkit's reference but I doubt it as it is the same one as that already used in the Silverlight client

Paul

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM
The extension method code is in the v2 source code, which uses the SL Toolkit. But I will port it to v3 as part of the update. Stay tuned. Tony
Jun 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Thanks Tony