Any chance of more video tutorials?

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Hi, I have no prior experience with MVVM and I have been looking into MVVM frameworks the last few days and trying a few out. Really hard to make out what is happening when you are coming from a position of no prior experience. I have to say I learned more from your 1/2 hour 'Getting started' screencast than days looking at code and reading half written guides/tutorials from the various MVVM experts. The video was excellent as it skipping nothing - which is priceless to people who have no prior experience - and it gave a thorough explanation of the process of creating models, service agents, views and hooking them up to viewmodels, and how the ViewModelLocator class matches them up. This stuff is like ancient greek when you are just looking at the code without someone explaining what's going on.

So I was wondering if there is any chance of you making any more tutorials on working with the mvvm toolkit? I see stuff like MessageBus, DelegateCommand and UIDispatcher in the SimpleMvvmToolkit assembly. It would be great to see these in action in a screencast.

Keep up the great work!

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Hi there! Thanks for the kudos - it's great to know the videos are helpful. I wanted the toolkit to function as a learning tool for people trying to get up to speed on MVVM, and I've learned a lot from short videos on various topics. I was thinking about doing more videos for the toolkit, especially on topics like the Message Bus, modal dialogs, and async. So stay tuned - I should be able to do another video in the next week or two. :-)

Cheers,
Tony