Integration Test?

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Hello,

I've been using the .Test project from the template for unit testing, and it's been very handy.  Now, I'm interested in using the same project to do integration testing from VM round-trip to the server via RIA services, as well as being able to drive the debugger from these tests.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to run the .Test project in debug with 'real' service agents.  Whenever starting the .Test project as the startup project, I get an exception on "The provided URI scheme 'file' is invalid; expected 'http'."  Any suggestions on how best to avoid this?  As I'm writing this, I think we'll try setting up another .html/.aspx page in the .WEB project to serve up the silverlight .TEST project - holler if you see any problems with that approach, or have other suggestions.

Thanks,

Dave

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2011 at 11:36 PM
You've correctly identified the issue. Calling a real web service from Silverlight requires that the service reside at the same site of origin as the app, or that a cross domain policy be in place to allow a different site. If you run the test app from a web site, which also hosts your web service, the error should disappear.

Tony
>